In celebration of World Ballet Day on November 2, San Francisco Ballet (SF Ballet) has released 80 minutes of never-before-seen footage documenting the 2023 Season rehearsals and artist interviews on its YouTube and Facebook pages, and at SFBallet.org.
More than 100 companies around the globe, united by hashtag #worldballetday, participated in World Ballet Day, which is now in its ninth year. SF Ballet last participated in World Ballet Day in 2017, garnering nearly 100,000 views from viewers worldwide.
An excerpt from SF Ballet’s 2022 World Ballet Day stream is available for immediate broadcast here, featuring SF Ballet Principal Dancers Misa Kuranaga and Angelo Greco in rehearsal. More footage is available; please find contact information below.
SF Ballet’s World Ballet Day stream will include the following footage:
- An introduction from incoming SF Ballet Artistic Director Tamara Rojo and Executive Director Danielle St.Germain
- Christopher Wheeldon’s Cinderella and Helgi Tomasson’s Giselle in rehearsal with the choreographers
- Interviews with next@90 festival choreographers Danielle Rowe and Robert Garland, and costume designer Emma Kingsbury
- Footage from next@90 festival ballets
- Dana Genshaft’s Future Paper dance film featuring SF Ballet School Trainees and an introduction by SF Ballet School Director Patrick Armand
- Online at YouTube, Facebook, and SF Ballet’s website. Worldwide via #worldballetday.